August 6, 2022
1401 E. Martin Luther King, Jr. Drive.
High Point, NC 27261
This event is free for residents with proof of residency. No business waste will be accepted.
August Household Hazardous Waste Event
Saturday, August 6, 2022
The City of High Point will have their next Household Hazardous Waste disposal event on August 6. The Household Hazardous Waste Facility at 1401 E. Martin Luther King, Jr. Drive will open for a drop-off event on Saturday, Aug. 6, 2022, from 8 a.m. – 2 p.m. This event will be an opportunity for residents of the City of High Point to drop off Household Hazardous Waste, up to 4 boxes of paper for shredding (from 9 a.m.-1p.m.) and bagged Styrofoam.
Residents of the City of High Point may drop off the following household items at no charge for proper collection and disposal:
- Aerosols, batteries, bleach/cleaners, electronics, fire extinguishers, furniture polish, fluorescent bulbs, nail polish/removers
- Adhesives, gas cylinders, paints, solvents, stains/varnish, strippers/thinners, wood and metal cleaner, wood preservatives
- Antifreeze, auto batteries, brake fluid, cleaners/degreasers, diesel fuel, gasoline or mixed gas, motor oil and filters, transmission fluid
- Herbicides, lighter fluid, pesticides, poisons, pool chemicals
- Electronics and Tires (limit of 4 tires per visitor)
This event will also include paper shredding and Styrofoam recycling. Paper shredding will be available from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. There is a limit of no more than 4 Banker's sized Boxes (24 x 15 x 10 inches) of documents for disposal per vehicle. Additionally, there will be Styrofoam disposal available. Accepted foam includes clean egg cartons and meat trays, clean foam takeout containers and cups, packing material and foam coolers. Tape, bubble wrap, pluck foam, foam wrapping, and foam peanuts will not be accepted. For the ease of collection, please make sure that all loose Styrofoam is bagged.
City staff will direct all vehicles through and unload all materials. Disposal is for household waste only. Materials from businesses, household garbage or medical waste will not be accepted. Proof of residency will be required for all disposal. Please have all materials to be collected in the trunk of your vehicle or in the bed of your pick-up trucks for easy access and removal by staff.
More information about Household Hazardous Waste can be found at https://www.highpointnc.gov/598/Medical-Hazardous-Waste