- Facilities & Parks
Ingleside Compost Facility
|Other Link||Frequently Asked Questions|
The Ingleside Compost Facility is a convenience we offer to High Point residents for disposal of yard debris and the opportunity to purchase materials like mulch, engineered soil, or compost.
Note: By utilizing the City of High Point public drop off site, the customer agrees to hold the City of High Point harmless for any and all liabilities, damages, costs, fees or expense to equipment or persons utilizing the site, unless the damage occurs from a city employee or equipment.
When you enter the gates on Ingleside Drive, pull on to the right side of the scale to be weighed, and the scale house operator will advise you where to go. Do not leave the scales until you have spoken to the scale house attendant.
- For those unloading yard waste: Once you are directed where to go, it is your responsibility to unload any yard waste. You MUST return to the out bound scale to weigh out and pay (if applicable).
- For those purchasing materials: Once you are directed where to go, an attendant will load your vehicle with the material requested. Please return to the outbound scale on the right and the scale house operator will let you know the cost.
All vehicles must weigh in and out.
We do not deliver.
Residential Yard Waste
There is no charge to residential customers, as long as - the yard waste is brought from your primary residence and is in your personal vehicle.
If the waste is from a rental property, or you are not the homeowner, you are a business or in a commercial vehicle the charge is $36 per ton with a $7.50 minimum for Pickups, SUV's or larger and a $2 minimum for cars. If you are not a High Point resident who lives in the High Point city limits there will be a charge for all material that is disposed. The charge will be $36 per ton.
Commercial Yard Waste
ALL commercial customers, landscape businesses and commercial vehicles will be charged $36 per ton with a $7.50 minimum. If the home owner is in the vehicle there will be a charge. No exceptions.
Materials for Sale:
- $22 per ton Engineered Soil
- $17 per ton Wood Mulch
- $22 per ton Compost
- $17 per ton Leaf Mulch
All of Our materials are all natural. No chemicals, dyes or pesticides are added.
City of High Point Observed Holidays
Ingleside Compost Facility will be closed for the following holidays:
- Juneteenth: Saturday, June 17 & Monday, June 19, 2023
- Independence Day: Tuesday, July 4, 2023
- Labor Day: Saturday, September 2 & Monday, September 4, 2023
- Veteran's Day: Friday, November 10 & Saturday, November 11, 2023
- Thanksgiving: Thursday/Friday/Saturday, November 23, 24, & 25, 2023
- Christmas: Saturday/Monday/Tuesday, December 23, 25, & 26, 2023
- New Year's Day: Saturday, December 30, 2023 & Monday, January 1, 2024