Guilford County has received over $104 million in American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) funding. One of the eligible uses for these funds is broadband infrastructure.
This broadband study will help the County understand the broadband gaps and opportunities in Guilford. This includes broadband infrastructure, speeds, and cost.
The goals of this study are to:
- Develop a strategy to address insufficient high-speed internet in parts of the county
- Build a coalition of county staff, citizens, businesses, and organizations
- Construct an investment case for broadband to help the county maximize future funding opportunities
This study began in October 2021 and will conclude in February 2022. There will be three phases, listed below:
- Phase 1: Data gathering and stakeholder engagement preparation (October – November 2021)
- Phase 2: Gaps and opportunities assessment (November 2021 – January 2022)
- Phase 3: Report writing and presentation (January – February 2022)