Frequently Asked Questions And Additional Information

Hydrant Meter - "I need water for my construction site."

For water access at a construction site, you may need a hydrant meter…please visit:

Water Meter Purchase - "I need to purchase a water meter for my newly constructed home or building; this is for new service that presently does not have a water meter.

Here is a link for information. However, you will need to visit the Public Service admin office to make you purchase.

 Information on how to build a shed or install a fence.

Please contact Planning & Development at 336-883-3328 or visit:

I would like to rent a room for a baby shower, birthday party, etc. 

Please contact Parks and Recreation -336-883-3469 or visit:

I had some electrical work done, do I need an inspection?

Please contact Inspections -336-883-3151 or visit:

I had a water heater installed does that need an inspection?

Please contact Inspections -336-883-3151 or visit:

If you have questions regarding appliance rebates, please visit:

If you are uncertain on who to contact regarding a city service, please contact Customer Service at 336-883-3111.

How do I pay my electric and water bill?

Pay Your Utility Bill

 What are the water rate(s) in High Point?

Water & Sewer Rate Schedule

What are the electric rate(s) in High Point?

Why has my water consumption increased?

Why Has My Water Consumption Increased

How is my utility bill calculated?

Other Utilities

View the following contact information for other utilities within the High Point area.

North State

  • New Service Sign Up: 336-886-3720
  • Repair Service: 336-886-3900

Davidson Water

  • New Connections: 336-731-2341

City of Greensboro, Water & Sewer

  • New Connections: 336-373-2055 

Piedmont Natural Gas

  •  Emergency (gas leaks) and other services: 800-752-7504 

Duke Energy

  • Business Office: 800-653-5307
  • Outage Number: 800-POWER-ON(800-769-3766)


  • New Service Sign-Up & Repairs: 877-566-4892