The 2020-2021 funding cycle is now CLOSED.
The deadline for submitting the application was 4:00 p.m., Monday, January 6, 2020 at the Community and Neighborhood Development Center, 201 Fourth Street, High Point, NC. Interested persons should call (336) 883-3042 for more information. The program guidelines and application will be available following the grant information session on Monday, November 25, 2019 at 2:00 p.m. at the Community and Neighborhood Development Center, 201 Fourth St, High Point, NC. Potential applicants are strongly encouraged to attend.
Applicants must be certified 501(c)3 organizations to apply. Only one application per organization will be accepted.
All activities must meet all CDBG guidelines and regulations established by the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD), and other local restrictions established by the High Point City Council. Programs and activities must benefit low to moderate income individuals and families within the city of High Point. While churches may use CDBG funds to sponsor eligible community activities, the activities may not be religious in nature, directly or indirectly, or be limited to or predominantly for members of specific churches.
Examples of eligible projects include:
- Activities for Seniors (delivery of nutritious meals, health and safety, group activities to help them maintain cognition and connection to their communities)
- Adult Literacy Programs
- After-School and Summer Academic Enrichment programs for youth
- Crime and Public Safety
- Health and Wellness Fairs to raise awareness of chronic health conditions within minority populations
- Job Readiness and employment skill enhancement
- Neighborhood and Housing Improvement
- Neighborhood Organizing and Organizational Development
- Parenting Classes
- Program delivery for Homeless individuals and families
- Purchase of Food and Supplies for local Food Banks
- Substance and Alcohol Abuse Prevention, Counseling and Treatment
Funding Source: Federal Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Program