- Book Clubs & Contests
- Take-Home Kits
- Special Events & Performances
- Story Time & Craft Programs
- Summer Reading Program
- 1,000 Books-This program encourages families to read 1,000 books with their children before they enter kindergarten. You can sign up here!
- Fall and Winter Elementary School-This program is designed for kids age 5 to 10 to encourage life-long reading habits. Once you've earned enough points you'll receive a completion certificate you can print and share! You can sign up here!
- Fall and Winter Middle School-This program is designed for young readers 10+ to encourage life-long reading habits. Once you've earned enough points you'll receive a completion certificate you can print and share! You can sign up here!
- Summer Reading For more information about summer reading, please go to the summer reading tab.
All enrichment kits have a 21-day circulation period. Patrons are responsible for lost or damaged take-home kit equipment. Each kit has an itemized list of equipment and the cost of replacement. Health and Physical fitness kits require a signed injury and damages waiver form.
Available kits and what is included:
- Eco Explorers-Includes everything you need for an outdoor adventure!
- USB cord
- telescoping net
- microscope & telescope
- Motors and Engineering
- Insects & Nature
- Circuits & Electricity
- Fossils & Dinosaurs
- Building & Architecture
- Robotics & Coding
- Simple Machines
- Marble Run & Motion
- Core Classes
- Language Arts
- Enrichment (arts)
- Logic & Puzzles
- Health, Physical Fitness, and Physical Literacy
- Gator Skin Neon Orange Ball
- Bean Bags
- 16’ Long Jump Rope
- 8’ Jump Rope
- Agility Ladder/Cones
- Multi-colored Tennis Balls
- 7” Foam Soccer Ball
We are excited to announce our Oceans of Possibilities Summer Reading Program! We will be offering Summer Events here at the High Point Public Library on Mondays at 11:00, for full details please see the monthly calendars. We will also be offering Summer Special Performances at Oak View Rec Center, Thursdays at 11:00, for full details please see the monthly calendars. There will be no registration required, if you have further questions, please call (336)883-3666.
Registration is required for story times and craft programs. To register please see call (336) 883-3666.
- BookWorms Story time-in the Story room. A story time program for children 12-23 months finger plays, rhymes, and stories. No registration required.
- Time 4 Two’s-in the Story room. An active story time for two year olds with songs, movements, rhymes, and stories. No registration required. For children age 2-3
- Preschool Story time-in the Story room. A story time and craft for 3-5 year olds. No registration required.
- First Chapter Friday-online only. Not sure what to read. Try the first chapter of a variety of genres with us. For upper elementary and middle school.
- Nintendo Switch Game Club- upper elementary and middle school, ages 8+.
- Virtual Reality Fields Trips- Have the chance to travel the world, by why stop there. Travel to outer space or go back in time! Ages 8+
- Break out Club-Can you decipher the clues to unlock the locks and break out? Ages 8+
- Paws to Read-Want to help boost your child’s confidence in reading. Sign them up to read to a four legged, tail wagging, buddy. In the Story room. Call 336-883-3666 to register.
- Yoga for Kids- Learn the importance of physical and mental well-being and simple yoga flows. Ages 6+
- Culinary Kids- Teaches your kiddo the importance of cooking nutritious and health meals. Ages 6+
- STEM- 21st century learning skills centered on science, technology, engineering, math, coding and robotics. Ages 6+
- Lego Club-in the Story room. For K-5. Ages 6+
- Garden Club- Learn how to grow a spring, summer, and fall garden. Ages 6+
- Tween Mixer-Children can spend time with their peers, read books, make crafts, and have fun! Ages 10 to 12.
How to sign up:
High Point Public Library Children’s 2022 Summer Reading Program, an Ocean of Possibilities, begins on Monday June 6th and will run until August 5th. Children can sign up and pick up a paper-reading log in person in the children’s department. Alternatively, you can also log your reading online through the Read Squared App. For further information, call the children's reference desk at 336-883-3667.
Summer Reading Program Rules:
The Summer Reading Program, Ocean of Possibilities, is open to children birth to 13 years old. We recommend children read 30 minutes a day and record their reading on their reading log, or through the app. Children can come in once a week as long as they have read a minimum of two hours for the week (including the first week) to pick up their Summer Reading Prize. They will earn one ticket each week to place in a raffle for one of several grand prizes: TBA
Junior Friends can earn volunteer hours that can be used for scouting or school volunteer requirements as well as building positive recommendations for future job applications and resumes. Youth volunteering builds: Character, maturity, and pride Soft Skills Career choice exploration Positive friends and peer group acceptance Confidence A sense of accomplishment serving the community If interested, or you have questions call (336) 883-3666.
The Junior Friends of High Point Public Library have been an important part of Children's Services for over 25 years! The Junior friends is a library service organization for rising 5th through 8th grade volunteers that are interested in reading, helping others, and making a difference in our community.
If you are interested in volunteering you can apply starting April 4th by asking your school media specialist for an application, printing one from our website, or by picking up an application from the children's reference desk at the HPPL. Must be a rising 5th grader. The application is due by 6:00pm May the 9th. For more information call (336) 883-3666. It is recommended that each Junior Friend volunteer for a two-hour shift, twice a week, for a total of four hours per week. Summer reading begins Monday, June 6th and ends Friday August 5th.